Friday, November 21, 2008

The wrath of the mighty raven

As some of my faithful seventeen readers know, last week when I parked to eat some lunch, enjoy the sun and read my book, I apparently parked over a piece of garbage/debris that Raven wanted. Great and Mighty Raven danced outside my car, berating me for my thoughtlessness and temerity. It was a great floor show.

I went back the next day to see if Raven was still there. He was.

Behold the Puissant One, Trickster Raven


On a post, Lord of all he surveys (able to poop on whatever he flies over)


Outside my car, strutting and informing me of my inadequacies.

After appropriate propitiation was offered (a few pieces of cookie) Raven flew away. But I know he's watching. And waiting.
So am I.

*photos taken with my cell phone camera, please forgive the quality

10 comments:

Random Michelle K said...

You must take a camera to work with you!

Chris said...

It's so funny, even wild animals can be beggars :)

MWT said...

Cool. :) I like ravens.

Tania said...

But I have to carry the camera WITH me. I can't leave it in the car (too cold), and if I leave it in the office, I'll LEAVE IT IN THE OFFICE. sigh....

Chris, Raven knew exactly what Raven wanted, and I was getting told off. Look at the footprints in the snow. Back and forth, warbling and such. I don't like to feed them, it encourages them to be even more aggressive than they already are, but I was getting a message that appeasement was necessary.

MWT, aren't they nifty birds? I can do a good warble, good enough that they warble back at me.

Anne C. said...

Very cool.
My mum wanted to have a raven for a pet for a while once. I think she was influenced by The Belgariad or something. ;)

Nathan said...

And why do I seem to recall knowing about this while it was happening?

:D

vince said...

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!"

mattw said...

Watch out for those Raven trickster gods, before you know it they will have your life turned around and no amount of cookie crumbs will appease them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tania, long time no hear. I hope you're doing ok.

Tom said...

This is just a comment so I can be logged in, in order to pass along secret birthday wishes. :)